About this blog
This blog is about
- being delighted about programming
- showing how topics traditionally considered “hard” and “scary” are actually accessible and interesting and fun (TCP! / Kernel hacking! / Traceroute! / gzip! / databases! / SSL!)
- asking questions and getting better every day.
- how being clear & curious & humble is better than sounding like I know it all already
- experimenting with alternative ways to teach hard concepts (zines!)
I have one main opinion about programming, which is that deeply understanding the underlying systems you use (the browser, the kernel, the operating system, the network layers, your database, HTTP, whatever you’re running on top of) is essential if you want to do technically innovative work and be able to solve hard problems.